Racial Equity Grant Opportunity
$5,000 Grants for Racial Equity Work
Application deadline April 17, 2017
To be eligible to participate in CFT’s Racial Equity Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process, the applicant must meet both of the following criteria:
- Have a 501(c)(3) OR faith-based tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service that has been active for two years as of September 1, 2017.
- At least 50% of the population served must reside in Dallas County.
Types of Grants Awarded
Grants awarded from CFT’s discretionary funds can support program needs, capital projects or operating expenses. Requests that meet the following criteria may apply for small grants of up to $5,000 through special funds made available in 2017 to support racial equity work. Does your organization or program:
- Facilitate storytelling to help give voice and understanding to marginalized experiences?
- Engage others in looking at racial inequalities locally?
- Contribute to racial healing activities within and across sectors in Dallas? and/or
- Create and/or implement practical solutions to race-related challenges in Dallas?
The application can be downloaded here. If you would wish to apply for a larger grant, CFT’s 2017 LOI/Giving Guide application is available here. Please note the 2017 LOI/Giving Guide's deadline is April 3.
Want to know more?
If you have not already attended the February 28, 2017 workshop, please join us on March 20 at 11:30am for lunch followed by a workshop at noon to discuss this new funding opportunity. There will be a Q&A session after the workshop from 1-1:30pm. Register for the 2017 workshop here.
Racial Equity LOIs must be received at CFT offices (5500 Caruth Haven Lane, Dallas, 75225) or by e-mail to email@example.com by 5 PM on April 17, 2017. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Chief Philanthropy Officer