Our Community Knowledge
Working with both donors and nonprofits and awarding over 3,000 grants per year, we have deep knowledge of the North Texas community. Our breadth of community knowledge comes from several channels:
Regularly assessing 1,000+ nonprofits
- Annually assessing the nonprofits in the community and making over 3,000 grants per year
- Vetting over 350 organizations to be published in the annual Giving Guide, designed to connect nonprofit needs with charitable community members
- Managing DonorBridge, a database of over 1,400 nonprofits
Focusing on special issues
- Our community impact grants focus on at-risk middle school youth and low income families, which gives us an extraordinary depth of knowledge and expertise in these areas
- Operating Educate Texas: an innovative alliance of public and private groups that work to improve the Texas public education system
- Organizing corporate service projects and supply drives through EFNT
- Funding transformational projects such as the Caruth Police Institute from W.W. Caruth, Jr. Foundation in the areas of public safety, education and scientific and medical research
Advising on giving and volunteering
- Counseling with individuals, families and companies to create personalized giving plans
Convening key parties to lean about and solve pressing issues
We work in partnership with nonprofit leaders, business leaders and government leaders to help identify and address key community challenges. The CFT philanthropy team is active in the community performing research through site visits with nonprofits on a regular basis.
The Kitchen Table
Nonprofit Leader and CEO of the North Texas Food Bank, Jan Pruitt, speaks about CFT’s leadership role in the community. “When I think about CFT, I think about a kitchen table…” Read More
Would you like CFT to speak
to your organization? We can speak on a range of topics from community needs to charitable giving to investing.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Have a question about CFT’s community knowledge? Contact me.