D3 for Education
In 2016, Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT), the Commit! Partnership, and United Way of Metropolitan Dallas will be organizing and supporting a fourth Data Driven Decision-Making (D3) Institute for 2016/2017. This D3 Institute is designed to provide education-focused nonprofits that serve the needs of youth (ages 0-18), their educators, and/or their families the power to accelerate development of enduring service solutions that have greatest impact on students’ academic and social-emotional wellbeing.
The Institute is a unique opportunity for organizations to:
- Develop a shared understanding of the current issues and areas of need for serving this population based on currently available data
- Implement and/or expand use of data as part of program development and in strategic decision-making
- Expand their network of resources and supports, including sharing best practices through participation in a learning community
The institute will provide learning opportunities for personnel at all levels of the organization, including leadership and program staff. All training and coaching fees will be paid for by CFT, Commit!, and United Way of Metropolitan Dallas on behalf of the participating agencies.
A cohort group of up to 15 nonprofits that currently serve youth aged 0-18, their families or their educators will be selected through a competitive process and asked to make a 9-month commitment to this program. Participants will engage in a series of workshops as well as be provided with one-on-one coaching on using data and evaluation to inform decision-making.
To be eligible to participate in the D3 Institute, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Have a current North Texas Giving Day profile with an approval date within the last 6 months.
- At least 75% of the total population served by the agency must be residents of Dallas, Rockwall, or Collin County.
- Education focused nonprofit serving the educational needs of youth ages 0-18, their educators, and/or their families. Eligible organizations include organizations running
- Afterschool programs
- Before school programs
- Early childhood programs
- Educational professional development programs
- Has not been a participant in a previous D3 Institute.
A copy of the Letter of Inquiry to apply for the D3 for Education can be found here. The deadline to apply for the D3 for Education is June 17, 2016. Please check back for any updates.
Community Philanthropy Director