Donor Perception Survey Results
Attention Fund Holders,
Thank you for giving us your feedback this spring through The Center For Effective Philanthropy's Donor Perception Survey Your feedback is invaluable, and we appreciate your responses.
Below is the Center for Effective Philanthropy’s (CEP) synthesis of findings they shared with us:
High Satisfaction Overall
- Good news: Overall, your perceptions of CFT very positive, and your satisfaction with us has increased significantly since 2011.
- CFT is rated higher than 80 percent of peer foundations for donors’ overall satisfaction and their likeliness to recommend CFT to a friend or colleague.
- When asked to describe the foundation in one word, CFT donors most commonly use “effective.”
Strong Impact on and Leadership in the Community
- CFT is also rated more positively than 80 percent of foundations in CEP’s comparative dataset for its impact on donors’ communities and the extent to which it exhibits a leadership role in the community. Both these ratings mark significant improvement since 2011.
- In addition, a larger than typical proportion of donors (84 percent) indicate that they are satisfied with the Foundation’s leadership in the community.
High Quality of Donor Relationships
When asked how their engagement with the Foundation has changed in recent years, a larger than typical proportion of donors report increased engagement. Forty‐four percent of CFT donors identify themselves as “more engaged” than before, compared to 31 percent at the typical funder.
High Use of Foundation Resources
- At CFT, there is a larger than typical proportion of donors who report using at least one of the Foundation’s resources. In addition, CFT donors give these resources higher ratings for their helpfulness than is typical.
- In particular, CFT donors use the Foundation’s website more frequently than is typical. For CFT specific resources, CFT donors rate the helpfulness of North Texas Giving Day and www.DonorBridgeTX.org the highest.
- The largest proportion of donor suggestions for improvement relate to CFT’s resources and services. Six specific suggestions were provided related to events and young generation involvement.
CFT's Next Steps to Serve You
Because we are committed to continual improvement in serving you, CFT will:
- Continue to offer the many resources, counsel and events that have led to your high satisfaction.
- Continue to prioritize the responsiveness of CFT staff for all donors
- Work hard to ensure each fund holder knows their CFT contact and that we understand your personal charitable goals.
- Build upon and emphasize our strong leadership in and impact on the community
- Continue to make our most helpful resources available and tailor our offerings to you based on your desired level of engagement.
Thank you for giving your feedback. Feel free to reply to this email with further ideas or suggestions. We are committed to continual improvement in how we serve you!
Contact Elizabeth Liser with any questions you have 214-750-4234.
“The Foundation provides us with an excellent conduit to reputable charities and that is most comforting. The folks at the Foundation are extremely helpful and generous with their time.
"Because of the Foundation's huge impact on the community, I am honored to play a role.”
“CFT has been an extremely useful tool for me to give to my specific charitable causes. I'm realizing CFT has many resources that I have neglected. I look forward to learning more from what CFT offers.”
" Your staff has always been willing to work with us on issues of our account. They have been exceedingly accessible to us.”