How to Open a Fund
Four steps to set up a charitable fund with CFT
Ready to get started? Call Carolyn Newham at 214-750-4146 and she will walk through these steps with you:
Step 1 – Determine your charitable goals.
- Explore these areas to pinpoint your passion
- Take this quiz to help determine what type of fund is right for you.
- If you don’t have time for step 1, you can move to step 2 and we will help you figure out your goals after your fund is open.
Step 2 – Select the name of your fund.
- The name of the fund can include your name, a family name, or a meaningful word or phrase that allows you to be anonymous.
Step 3 – Contribute to the fund.
- Because we are a 501(c)(3) public charity, donors’ contributions to their fund are deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) has the capability of receiving complex assets and handling planned giving instruments.
Step 4 – Start making grants and making tomorrow better.
- Login to the donor portal and submit a grant recommendation.
Read more about the benefits of a charitable fund with CFT.
Contact Carolyn Newham or any of us to the left to get started today!
Why re-invent the wheel?
“Knowing we wanted to give back in our community on a more significant level, my initial thought was to start my own foundation,” says Melisa Ambers. “But after we discovered CFT, we realized they have the resources and knowledge to help us make intentional gifts in this community. Why reinvent the wheel?”
Carolyn A. Newham, JD
Senior Director of Donor Relations & Fund Administration
Geri Jacobs, ChFC, CLU
Director of Charitable Gift Planning
Advisor Relations Officer
Sarah Beeks Higdon, MBA
Development and Corporate Relations Officer
Email one of us to set up a confidential consultation to open your fund.