Gifting Real Estate
For many people real estate continues to represent their single largest asset.
Donating real estate to Communities Foundation of Texas is a way to achieve a range of potential charitable and financial objectives, including:
- Helping your favorite charities during your lifetime, rather than when you pass away
- Diversifying your assets
- Receiving dependable income for the rest of your life
- Avoiding capital gains taxes
- Receiving maximum income tax deductions
- Eliminating the headaches of managing rental property by turning it into an income source for life
A gift of real estate to us offers an excellent way to unlock the full appraised value of a property, allow for significant tax and economic advantages, and at the same time, build a charitable legacy through support of your favorite causes for years to come. Whether you have a vacation home that is sitting idle, an investment property, vacant land, or commercial or residential real estate, we can help.
By donating real estate, you bypass capital gains and may deduct the fair market value of your gift.
|“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
Geri Jacobs, ChFC, CLU
Director of Charitable Gift Planning
Carolyn A. Newham, JD
Senior Director of Donor Relations & Fund Administration
Contact one of us regarding real estate you would like to donate.