Tips for Parents
- Teach for America Resource List
- National Geographic Learn Anywhere
- Girls Who Code Home Activities
- Communities in Schools Educational Resource List
- In response to schools being closed due to COVID-19, Readers 2 Leaders created a new virtual learning program called Read, Learn, GO!, a 2 hour high-quality educational show hosted by Readers 2 Leaders teachers. Each episode follows a theme and is made up of short interactive segments featuring reading instruction and enrichment, as well as content in core subject areas, social emotional learning, health and wellness, fine arts and more.
- With schools closed due to COVID-19, KERA has curated educational content to keep teachers and parents informed, and to help children stay engaged at home. Programs will air Monday-Friday 6a-6p on KERA TV (Channel 13.1) or streamed at At-Home Learning Toolkit
DISD Hot Spot Request
DISD families who need internet access can complete an online DISD Hotspot Request Form to open a request for an internet hotspot. Only one request per family is required.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recommends the following remote learning resources that can be accessed by parents and students at home. Many provide instructions on how to use them if schools are closed.