Ability Connection provides services and supports to people living with disabilities within Texas. Our mission is to enrich the lives of people with disabilities, one person at a time. Services and supports are designed to help the member live in the community and not in state institutions. This is due to programs that have moved funding from state institutions to community based programs. The majority of members live in individual residences with their families or a care provider.
Board Member Needs:
The purpose of the Donor and Corporate Partnership Advisory Group is to assist Ability Connection to establish meaningful and productive relationships with individual donors and mutually productive relationships with interested companies. Specifically:
- Review and advise on messaging, prioritizing funding for new programs and remaining donor centric
- Open doors with potential corporate partners for volunteer opportunities and other ways for a mutually beneficial relationship. This includes volunteer opportunities, in kind support and funding
- Provide warm introductions to potential supporters and participate in the stewardship of that relationship
- Advising on the development of Ability Connection advancement priorities, including providing insight into emerging areas of potential collaborations within our community
- Advise on new ideas for outreach
We are looking for five board members
For more information, please visit their website
- Members are asked to commit to two face-to-face meetings a year
- All other group meetings, based on the frequency determined by the group, will
be via a virtual meeting platform.
- Assist with and, where appropriate, participate in meeting and stewardship of individual
donors and/or companies
- Participate in one donor engagement event a year