C5 Youth Foundation of Texas
C5 Youth Foundation of Texas is a five-year curriculum-based youth leadership development program in the north and central Texas communities. Their program focuses on leadership development, college and career preparation, community service and social awareness in an effort to create leaders in their schools, work and communities. They boast a 100 percent graduation rate and 98 percent of their leaders are accepted into college or the military.
Board Member Needs:
They are seeking individuals in different employment sectors who have a passion for partnering with middle and high school youth to help them “build the future they wish to see.” They also seek board members who reflect the vast diversity of youth served, specifically women, African-American and Latino professionals, as well as young professionals.
Board members are required to:
They are looking to fill six positions for two-year terms; The board meets four times a year.
- attend at least 3 out of 4 board meetings
- support and/or attend at least one C5 Texas special event
- attend at least 2 programming events
- must participate on at least 1 board committee
- make a $1K commitment at the start of each fiscal year
- work to secure additional in kind and cash support
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Daneshe' "Dani" Bethune at email@example.com.
For more information, visit their website