Her Dream Lives On
Pearl Anderson’s Fund from 1955 still supports the community today
When CFT began 60 years ago in 1953, it was known as the Dallas Community Chest Trust Fund. The first major gift to the Dallas Community Chest Trust Fund was in 1955 from Pearl C. Anderson. She was an African- American grocer and widow of a local physician. Her gift was a future interest to the trust in a prime piece of land in downtown Dallas valued at $325,000.