Hatton W. Sumners Scholarship Fund
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
Students that have been awarded a Sumners Scholars through their college/university are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Legal resident of Texas, New Mexico or Oklahoma (for the past 12 months).
- Applicants must be in good standing at their college or university located in Texas, New Mexico, or Oklahoma.
- 60 completed hours of college coursework.
- Four semesters remaining in college.
- Minimum 3.25 GPA.
- Recipients must agree to attend Public Policy Weekend OR Texas Tribune Festival AND any two other programs offered by the Hatton W. Sumners Foundation.
Applicants will be reviewed based on the following:
Finalists will be required to interview in person in Dallas or Austin with the scholarship committee during the month of May.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Aspirations and ideals expressed in essay.
- School and extracurricular activities.
- Academic record (transcript required).
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
Up to $30,000 total per student
March 21, 2020