The Simon Greenstone Panatier Scholarship Benefiting Families Impacted by Cancer
The Simon Greenstone Bartlett (SGP) Scholarship awards multiple one-year scholarships to students impacted by cancer. Award amounts vary, but will total $50,000 annually and may be used to support tuition, books and fees at any accredited college or University in the United States or its possessions.
- Eligible applicants must be graduating high school seniors from any public or private high school in Dallas County or previous recipients of the SGP Scholarship that have been impacted by cancer in one of the following ways:
- Have an immediate family member (mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, brother or sister) who is under a current cancer diagnosis and/or treatment for cancer;
- Have an immediate family member who has passed away within the last two years from cancer; or
- Are themselves under a current cancer diagnosis and/or treatment for cancer.
- Eligible applicants must also have a minimum 3.0 GPA and have either a minimum SAT score of 960 or 18 ACT score.
- Applicants must also be United States citizens or documented legal residents of the United States.
Selection criteria includes scholastic achievement, school and community participation, demonstrated leadership potential, and a description of the hardship, financial or otherwise, imposed due to cancer.
Two letters of recommendation and an essay response are required. This is a one-year scholarship with the opportunity to re-apply.
Multiple awards with up to $50,000 total awarded
April 1, 2023