Virtual & Physically Distanced Volunteer Opportunities
Thank our Healthcare Heroes! Record your Thank You video to encourage those on the front lines Healthcare Heroes Campaign of Gratitude – CFT4B member DHD Films and Tribute have created this campaign to give everyone a chance to say thanks to the healthcare professionals fighting the Coronavirus outbreak. Submit a video expressing your gratitude then share the campaign with your friends and loved ones.
Children & Youth
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - The need for safe, strong, active mentoring relationships is as great as ever! Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, Big Brothers Big Sisters continues its mission to serve young people. They have adapted programming to virtual environments so the mission can continue to move forward. Become part of BBBS outcomes-driven, a one-to-one mentoring model that works. Learn more here: Be a Big.
- The Birthday Party Project
- Record a Video Birthday Wish for a child experiencing homelessness. They will send it to one of their birthday kiddos! Get creative or make it simple. The Birthday Party Project wants their kids to see a friendly face on their big day! Email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While they are unable to host parties and bring the community together at this time, The Birthday Party Project celebrates thousands of kids each month and always need party supplies and gifts. See the needs list here: Donate Party Supplies and Gifts.
The Senior Source Friendly Visitors Program
shared the following three options and offered 10 facilities (ranging from 100-300 residents) to adopt.
If you would like to adopt one of these facilities, contact Kymberlaine Banks
, for additional details.
*For options 2 and 3 they suggest ordering from Amazon, Target or Michaels for delivery.
- Write letters or notes of encouragement for residents and staff (e.g., letters/notes of encouragement, greeting cards, or drawings/artwork) Please use the following salutations (Greetings, Dear Friend, Hello, Hi). Also, please use positive words (have a great day, thinking of you, you are loved, inspirational scriptures, etc.). If you like to draw or sketch or paint--it doesn’t have to be professional--you can send pictures of sunshine/Spring, flowers/landscapes, cats, dogs, bunny rabbits, etc. to put on their walls). In terms of staff correspondence: it’s more feasible to send one greeting/note card/letter addressed to each department unit: Nursing Staff, Dietary Staff, House Keeping Staff, Maintenance Staff, Administration Staff, Rehabilitation Staff, & Activity Staff.
- Donations for residents while in isolation: (New Items Only) playing cards, Checker sets, Dominoes sets, paint-by-numbers, basic craft sets, basic wood craft kits, basic adult coloring books & color pens/markers, coloring sheets, activity sheets, word search books, puzzle books, faith based books, large print books/novels, blank note cards/greeting cards and stamps, beach balls, jigsaw puzzles (less than 50), digital radios, wall or door room decorations for Spring/Summer.
- Food Items (No homemade food): Pre-packaged goods such as assorted sandwich crackers, small bags of assorted chips, soft Cheetos, cookies, fruit snacks, jello and pudding cups, diet & regular canned/plastic bottled drinks, snack cakes, oatmeal pies, muffins, Goldfish crackers, and candy. Include sugar-free options.
Email Community Partners of Dallas
- Community Partners of Dallas is in need of formula (all types), baby food, and tablets so kids can keep up with schoolwork while sheltering at home. Donations are being accepted Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays from 10:00–11:00 am ONLY at their warehouse door (the northeast corner of our building – located at 7950 Elmbrook Drive, Dallas 75247). You can drop and go! For a donation receipt, send an email to their team:
- CitySquare - Whether you purchase a CitySquare t-shirt, clean out your closets filled with gently used baby gear, or send snacks or a meal to the CitySquare frontline staff and volunteers, there are many creative ways to support CitySquare from home. Visit: CitySquare Virtual Support Opportunities.
- Groundwork Dallas - New Cleanup Location: Help restore the forest, remove invasive plants, and reestablish the trail system at LBG Houston Park. Groundwork Dallas hosts regular Saturday Volunteer Days each weekend, weather permitting, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. Learn more.
- Crossroads Community Services - Crossroads Community Services is doing everything they can to make sure people get the groceries they need in a timely and safe manner. Sign up here to participate in one of these opportunities.
- Services of Hope - Mobile Food Pantry: Volunteers are critical to the success of Services of Hope weekly mobile food pantry events. Roles include setup, making food bags, sorting vegetables, loading, and unloading trucks, ushers, volunteer check-in, runners (carrying food bags), and clean up after events. Learn more.